Site Reliability Engineer
Are you looking for a career with solid job prospects for the foreseeable future? Are you passionate about understanding, delivering, or improving the range of activities to support the digital and energy transitions in a large organization? Then this role is a good fit for you.
Join Shell and our team of like-minded professionals working towards a common goal; a rewarding journey that will help you grow both personally and professionally
Where you fit in
Data and Analytics is fast emerging area in Shell with a vision of building coherent design approach to the delivery of an accessible, Cloud centric, Enterprise ready suite of digital data and analytical tools which allows Shell to realize and accelerate business value and accelerate the transition to net-zero emissions.
The Enterprise Cloud Platform (ECP) Data ART (you will be part of!) supports this by making our data accessible to all of Shell businesses by offering a cloud-centric, enterprise ready suite of digital data & analytics tool.
What’s the role
As a SRE for the Azure Data Platform, you’ll work on ensuring application reliability and working in a true DevOps environment, ensuring that infrastructure is running smoothly, increasing efficiency through automation, and driving a culture of continuous improvement. The SRE responsibilities for Azure Data Platform consist of both Engineering and Operations teams into a DevOps model, rigorously investing in product and platform reliability through software best practices.
- Work as part of DevOps team (global) to deliver world class services to our consuming businesses.
- Responsible for innovative design and implementation of enterprise cloud data infrastructure and platforms.
- Automation of deployment and configuration processes.
- Develop standardized approaches, patterns and blueprints to secure design, scripted deployment, and maintenance tasks.
- Drive efficiencies in systems and processes: capacity planning, configuration management, performance tuning, monitoring, and root cause analysis.
- Drive adoption of key engineering best practices, supporting team members to improve quality, efficiency, and reliability of deliverables.
- Product stability, compliance, and security, enabled through the Operational Readiness Framework (ORF) and automation of ORF tasks and evidence.
- Contribute to SRE culture by working closely with other team members in creation of required templates or best practices documents to improve Shell’s SRE capabilities and support blameless post-mortems (or retrospective).
What we need from you
- Typical Years of Experience: 5-7 years in IT
- Minimum Education or Certification: BSc or MSc degree - preferred in IT
Key Technical Skills:
- Strong technical knowledge on Azure big data platforms provisioning, configuring, and developing solutions using one or more technologies such as Azure Data Lake, Azure Synapse, Azure ML, Databricks, AzureSQL, ADF, etc.
- Good experience with source code management and familiarity with one or more source control tools and repositories such as Github, Azure Devops etc.
- Experience with scripting and automation (Infrastructure as Code), Microsoft PowerShell (must), Terraform (must) and CI/CD pipeline is a plus.
- Experience in Azure Active directory and provisioning, configuring networking infrastructure are a plus.
- Experience with integration of data cataloguing tools like Collibra, identity management and access management are a plus.
- Good understanding of Safe, Agile/Edge, DevOps project methodologies.
- Experience of translating business requirements into technical implementations based on value drivers, functional/non-functional requirements, including health, safety, security, usability, data, and supportability considerations.
An innovative place to work
Join us and you’ll be adding your talent and imagination to a business with the ambition to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy, or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently, everyone at Shell does their part.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we are nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential.
We are creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we’ll take it from there. We are striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity. We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you in finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
As an equal opportunity employer, combining our ideas through a creative, collaborative environment and global operations – we have developed and will continue to nurture a unique workplace with an impressive range of benefits to ensure that joining Shell is an inspired and rewarding career choice for everyone.